Fasset is a Schedule 3A public entity whose Executive Authority is the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology. We are accountable to Parliament and our performance management and financial administration is monitored by National Treasury. We engage with a broad range of stakeholders to fulfil our mandate, which requires us to make a meaningful contribution in skills development for the benefit of the Fasset sector and the country, while adhering to sound governance principles.
Transforming the South African economy is a government imperative to which SETAs must respond through their programmes and interventions. Fasset has driven transformation in the finance and accounting sector for 19 years, to effect dramatic and radical change to the sector’s demographic profile and, in so doing, create a robust and sustainable industry. We see transformation as non-negotiable, but as a critical component of nation building.
Where the funds go
Funds comprise skills development levies paid by all employers in the sector with an annual payroll of R500 000. Employers below the R500 000 threshold are exempt from the levy, but can still benefit from selected Fasset skills development initiatives. The initiatives are created in collaboration with small, medium and large employers, higher education and training institutions as well as the sector professional bodies.
Fasset’s well-entrenched skills pipeline approachincludes the following programmes:
- Career awareness events at high schools and post-school level
- Training of life orientation teachers to enhance the quality of career guidance.
- Post-school academic support programmes, which lead to the completion of qualifications (including TVET college qualifications) and/or professional designations.
- Fasset Bursary Scheme, which provides end-to-end financial support.
- Learner professional development initiatives to ensure that employed graduates meet workplace requirements.
- TVET work-based experience programme
- Mandatory and discretionary grants for employers to fund skills development programmes that will upskill their employees.
- Continuous professional development through Lifelong Learning events.
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme Loan RepaymentGrant.
Facebook – Fasset.org(1) Fasset | Facebook
Instagram – Fasset_saFasset (@fasset_sa) • Instagram photos and videos
Twitter – Fasset_sa(2) Fasset_sa (@fasset_sa) / Twitter
Linkedin – Finance and Accounting Sector Education and Training Authority Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority: My Company | LinkedIn
Gauteng (head office)
1st Floor, 247 Kent Avenue, Ferndale, 2194
PO Box 6801 Cresta 2118
Tel: 011 476 8507
Fax: 011 476 5756
Call Centre no: 086 101 0001